Throughout April I have been asking people to read Avengers: Rage of Ultron so we could discuss it as part of the How to Love Comics Book Club! For those who haven’t been paying attention or have just joined us this is essentially how it works:
- I set a book at the start of the month.
- We all go out out and read it.
- And then come back and discuss it.
We’re now up to the discussion phase of the process. The part where you get to have your say and what you enjoyed or didn’t enjoy about it. Before we get to the actual discussion I’ll lay down some ground rules, mostly for the sake of keeping the discussion friendly.
Book Club Rules
- Keep conversation friendly. You’re allowed to disagree with people, but do so in a way that is neither aggressive or belittling the person with apposing views.
- No trolling.
- Keep on topic.
- I have the right to delete any comments which break rules 1-3.
- Finally, have fun with discussion!
You can discuss Avengers: Rage of Ultron anyway you want but if you are looking for some talking points here are a few questions to help get you started.
- If this was your first Avengers read, what did you think of the team featuring that were different to their movie equivalents?
- While this graphic novel does feature a good vs evil storyline, there’s also an over running father-son dynamic of Hank Pym and Ultron. Do you think this dynamic made Pym’s actions harder or more justifiable?
- Speaking of Hank Pym and Ultron, what do you think of what happened to them at the very end and would you like it will be explored more in the future?
- Did you think Ultron becoming a planet was a bit silly or do you think it worked?
- Overall, what was your favourite part of Avengers: Rage of Ultron?
It’s now over to you, jump down into the comments and let’s talk about Avengers: Rage of Ultron!