Throughout March I have been asking, maybe pestering, people to read Sex Criminals vol 1: One Weird Trick so we could discuss it as part of the first ever How to Love Comics Book Club! For those who haven’t been paying attention or have just joined us this is essentially how it works:
- I set a book at the start of the month.
- We all go out out and read it.
- And then come back and discuss it.
We’re now up to the discussion phase of the process. The part where you get to have your say and what you enjoyed or didn’t enjoy about it. Before we get to the actual discussion I’ll lay down some ground rules, mostly for the sake of keeping the discussion friendly.
Book Club Rules
- Keep conversation friendly. You’re allowed to disagree with people, but do so in a way that is neither aggressive or belittling the person with apposing views.
- No trolling.
- Keep on topic.
- Do not spoil plot points beyond volume 1 of Sex Criminals.
- I have the right to delete any comments which break rules 1-4.
- Finally, have fun with discussion!
You can discuss Sex Criminals anyway you want but if you are looking for some talking points here are a few questions to help get you started.
- Did you like the characters of Suzie and Jon?
- What did you enjoy about the story?
- What did you enjoy about Matt Fraction’s writing?
- What did you enjoy about Chip Zdarsky’s art?
- Did you like all the background jokes? Did you have a favourite?
- Would you read volume 2 and further issues of Sex Criminals?
- Overall, what was your favourite part of Sex Criminals?
It’s now over to you, jump down into the comments and let’s talk about Sex Criminals volume 1!